Bridgerton Review | Teen Ink

Bridgerton Review

I just finished binge-watching Bridgerton on Netflix, and wow, what a ride! If you haven’t heard about it yet, it's this glamorous period drama set in Regency-era London, based on Julia Quinn’s novels. The show is all about high society, scandal, and romance, with a bit of a modern twist, and it totally sucks you in.  

First off, the visuals are stunning. The costumes are insanely detailed and vibrant, making each scene feel like a painting. The dresses and suits are so beautiful, they make you wish you lived in that era just to wear them. The sets are equally breathtaking, from the grand ballrooms to the lush gardens. Everything is so well-crafted, it’s like stepping into a different world.

The characters are also a huge draw. The main family, the Bridgertons, are super likable, especially Daphne (The oldest daughter) and her romantic interest, the dashing Duke of Hastings. Their chemistry is off the charts, and watching their love story unfold is both heartwarming and frustrating at times. The supporting cast is just as engaging, with plenty of subplots to keep you hooked.

The storyline mixes romance with drama and a good dose of mystery, thanks to Lady Whistledown’s scandalous gossip column. It’s like Gossip Girl but set in the 1800s. The modern music covered in classical style during the balls is a cool touch too, adding a unique twist to the period setting.

Overall, Bridgerton is a must-watch. It’s got romance, drama, beautiful visuals, and a modern edge that makes it stand out. Whether you’re into period pieces or just looking for a new show to get lost in, Bridgerton is definitely worth your time.

Personal Review