Peaky Blinders | Teen Ink

Peaky Blinders

January 9, 2023
By VojtaSilver BRONZE, Ostrava, Other
VojtaSilver BRONZE, Ostrava, Other
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Peaky Blinders is a tale that is extremely rarely based on an actual English gang in the 19th century. The gang is led by Thomas Shelby, an exceptionally bright and violent man who is revered as a war hero for his role as a tunneller. I can say straight away that it is a story about anti-heroes, characters you would normally hate and despise, but who also generate feelings of sympathy from the audience.
From the moment Major Chester Campbell brutally defeats Tommy's unarmed brother in the first episode, you're dying to see the man get his revenge. You believe more and more that Peaky Blinders will succeed. As soon as you grow to love the characters, the show wastes no time putting them in danger, which keeps you always tense.
I really loved the first few seasons but on the other hand I lost some interest after season 4. I tried watching it again a few weeks ago and this time watched it all. The acting is great, characters are interesting, great music that goes well with the scenes and the storyline is great up until season 4. After that it is getting a bit less intriguing.
To sum up, it is such a well made show, very engaging, and starring Cillian Murphy is not the only one who makes it absolutely irresistible. Must watch series. I hope I've helped you decide which cinematic beauty to check out next.