The Chica Show vs Yo Gabba Gabba | Teen Ink

The Chica Show vs Yo Gabba Gabba

December 10, 2020
By Anonymous

Sprout’s “The Chica Show” and Nickelodeon’s “Yo Gabba Gabba” are two great children’s shows. Are they really teaching kids with the right techniques? Are they teaching kids anything at all? It’s a battle to see which is better: “The Chica Show” or “Yo Gabba Gabba!”.


“The Chica Show” and “Yo Gabba Gabba!” totally have different teaching styles.


“The Chica Show” does not have the same JPM that “Yo Gabba Gabba!” does. Chica helps her parents, Mrs. and Mr. C, in their costume shop, known as the Costume Coop, in the real-life segments. She often runs into trouble, only for Kelly to teach her a lesson.


Every day, Kelly, Chica, Stitches, and Bunji have a new adventure together all based on their imaginations. “The Chica Show” also turns Chica and her friends into animated versions of themselves once the Costume Coop closes. In the episode “Commander Chica Lifts Off,” Chica takes an imaginary trip to space in the real-life segment, and she and her friends go to the moon in the cartoon segment. This shows that she uses her imagination when she plays games. On “Yo Gabba Gabba!”, Muno wanted to shrink down to the size of bugs. Instead of them just playing make believe, Plex shrank them down to bug size. Obviously, “The Chica Show” had much more imagination than “Yo Gabba Gabba!”.


Secondly, “The Chica Show” and “Yo Gabba Gabba!” both have a variety in each show. I found that “The Chica Show” had much more variety. “Yo Gabba Gabba!” has the same storyline in each show, the only difference being the episode’s theme. “The Chica Show” had a new storyline in each episode. In “Farmer Chica,” Chica eats chips before lunch and finds she needs to eat something more nutritious. In “Bock-a-Toodle-Loo, Chica,” Chica’s parents go for a business trip, but Chica can’t come with them. This shows that episodes of “The Chica Show” have different lessons and storylines, but “Yo Gabba Gabba!” has four or three songs which are connected to become a storyline. YGG never even has a storyline besides the change in what the theme is.


Finally, “The Chica Show” teaches many useful lessons that both kids and adults can pay attention to. “The Chica Show” teaches certain things that are just as important. For example, in “Tweet Dreams, Chica,” you learn the importance of sleep. In “Tweet Dreams, Chica,” Chica stays up late and realizes that she doesn’t have enough energy to have fun. Life lessons are taught in every single episode of “The Chica Show”.


Who won the battle? I think it was “The Chica Show”. I love both shows, but “Yo Gabba Gabba!” has the same storyline in each episode, even though the episode’s theme is the only constant. “The Chica Show” has taught many life lessons and has taught different storylines.