Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina | Teen Ink

Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina

By AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
AthenatheGoddess PLATINUM, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Look, I didn't want to be a halfblood."

If you are looking for an upbeat country tune, I have got the perfect song for you. Heads Carolina, Tails California is a country song that isn’t like most. More recent songs have been released based off of this tune and once you listen to it, you will understand.

My mom, a country fan, introduced me to this song. I don’t think she knew how much I would love it. It’s a super upbeat love story that is actually happy. You don’t get many songs like that anymore since everybody sings about hating love but this song describes the relationship I wish I had. It is about a girl who wants to leave the town but wants to be impulsive. 

On a scale of one to ten, this is probably an eight point five. I’m not the biggest country fan and it takes a couple plays for me to get sick of this song for a while but when I listen to it, I get all happy. I feel like one day, I could have the same life as the song is describing. The lyrics are beautifully written and the musical notes are fantastic. I couldn’t write a better song if I tried. 

I think anybody who is willing to broaden their horizons music wise should listen to Heads Carolina, Tails California. If you are feeling sad, play it to boost your mood. Country is super underrated and after you listen to this song, you’ll wish it wasn’t.