Panic at the Disco | Teen Ink

Panic at the Disco

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Panic! At the Disco's new album “Pretty. Odd.” Was a long awaited follow-up to their debut album, “A Fever You Can't Sweat Out” With their dance worthy sound and catchy, clever lyrics, they were an instant hit. With songs such as “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” and “Time to Dance”, who can help but love them? When I heard their new song “Nine in the afternoon” I thought, finally! A new CD.

After purchasing and listening to their new work, I was slightly confused. The sound was totally different, nothing like what I'd heard from their previous album. It is safe to say that this is not what I wanted, nor expected, from them. Their new CD had more of a folk, almost country, sound at times. When one is used to the rock/alternative sound of before, this new stuff just doesn't quite cut it. The first listen around will leave you disappointed if you're expecting something close to that of the first album. The only way I think one can enjoy their new album is by completely forgetting the old sound and style of Panic! At the Disco and give it a second listen.

jillianatthedisco SILVER, Kalamazoo, Michigan

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day!" -Winnie the Pooh

I completely agree!

But see, I listened to Pretty. Odd. first and I loved both.

It's probably for the better that Ryan and Jon left the band. They brought their sound to The Young Veins.