Why Him? | Teen Ink

Why Him?

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Why Him? is one of the funniest recent comedies to come out, and will genuinely cause people to hurt from laughing so hard. When a father's little girl is going out with a millionare tech guru, who makes videogames, he immediately is not thrilled. His daughter then invites her brother, father, and mother to come and stay with her and her boyfriend during the holiday season. 

Her boyfriend, Laird, played by James Franco brilliantly, comes off as a rich jerk who does not have a filter.  The father, Ned, thinks horribly of Laird, while his daughter, Stephanie, his wife and his son think Laird is the coolest. 

This movie is very realstic and describes, visually, the relationship between a daughter's partner and the daughter's father. The movie has some very hilarious scenes that can challenge other movies with ease. 

Later in the movie, Ned finds out that Laird plans to propose to Stephanie on Christmas, and Ned, who still disapproves, has his panic level escalate to the next level, and Ned then focuses his attention on getting rid of him. 

The movie is suspenseful, interesting, and has a great cast. They act like a real family, and this takes this movie to the next level. Although this movie has some explicit language, and not ideal for those who are too young or too immature, this movie is perfect for teenagers and everyone older, and anyone and everyone who loves a great comedy. 

James Franco, as Laird, is a match made in heaven for his acting career.