The Lovely Bones | Teen Ink

The Lovely Bones

By Asia_Monay GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
Asia_Monay GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

I remember the first time seeing The Lovely Bones I was shocked. This happens to be one of my favorite movies. Peter Jackson the director won 11 Oscars , the lovely bones was based on a book and it is a remake. 

I think this movie is a great movie because it teaches you many lessons and it has a great plot. One of those lessons may be that everyone is not who they seem to be. This movie has a lot of manipulation and it becomes very sad after a while. A movie similar to the lovely bones, Orphan is set up sort of the same because it was a lot of manipulation going on in these movies. This movies shows back in 1970's people were crazy back then and it started a long time ago and not just today.

This movie depicts how Susie Salmon was murdered by neighbor in the 70's.
Susie watches her family from heaven hoping they would find out the truth and what happened to her.
As Susie's in heaven she meets a lot of people who has been murdered my Mr. Harvey as well ( Susie's Murder ). As the movie goes on you can tell something weird is going on but know one yet knows about it. Susie's parents seem to get worried after her absence from being home and they seek help from the police who no longer helps them after a while , making Mrs. Salmon devastated.

This movie has sad moments like when they went on weeks worried sick about Susie wondering if she was dead or not. In Hanna and The Lovely Bones Saoirse Ronan played two younger roles and both she had a strong role she had to play and she succeeded in both. I think there were too much scenes involving the grandma because she wasn't too worried about Susie's disappearance. The main characters such as the mom and the dad were very serious and worried about their daughter's life. 

They became skeptical when they younger sister began giving them clues that Mr. Harvey killed her sister so they took the info and ran with it and found out what happened to Susie Salmon. 

I think the actor Peter Jackson was a very creative and I like a lot of other titles he directed. I greatly recommend this film to others because it can change their outlook on certain things about their children. I think all people would enjoy movie because this movie is for anybody who's interested.