Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

By Ellen212 GOLD, Sebastopol, California
Ellen212 GOLD, Sebastopol, California

The story of forbidden love is something we've heard before. In the book Twilight, Stephanie Meyer tells this story in a different light, creating the difference in the very base of the people falling on love. Bella and Edward's love is so pure, electric, and impossible that representing that in a movie would obviously be difficult.
The story of Twilight is a teenage girl, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) moving to a small, rainy town from sunny Phoenix to live with her father. In Forks, Washington, Bella meets Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) and is intrigued by the distant and mysterious coldness he exudes. Bella is curious about Edward, and begins to become attracted to him after he saves her life in an impossible way. As Bella uncovers the truth about the Cullens, she finds herself in love with a vampire who not so secretly thirsts for her blood. Bella and Edward fall deeper in love, though there still remains the difference in what they are; a human and a vampire, the lion and the lamb. As danger strikes, Edward will do anything to save his beloved, even if it means never giving up and doing the impossible.
The release of the film Twilight had a lot of expectations, as the book was so well known and popular, and there was skepticism at its release. Though the adventure was sped up and many points were left in the cutting room, the story of love remained present. With an amazing soundtrack and scenery of the town of Forks, the movie adaptation of the book was amazing it its own ways, but not the best it could have been in relationship to the book.