Dante's Peak | Teen Ink

Dante's Peak MAG

By Anonymous

   "Dante's Peak" is an amazing, edge-of-you-seat thriller jam-packed with awesome special effects. The story is very simple but it pays off with stupendous action and frightening suspense. The characterization is great and the acting is acceptable. This movie features a large ensemble cast including Linda Hamilton, Pierce Brosnan, and many other familiar faces.

The plot is short and simple. Pierce Brosnan works for a company that looks for volcanoes that might be erupting. Dante's Peak has a small rupture but it hasn't exploded. Pierce Brosnan is sent to inspect the volcano. He believes it will go off, but no one else does, for a number of reasons which I don't want to tell you. Pierce is right about the volcano exploding and there are almost 50 minutes of nonstop special effects.

The special effects crew should get a standing ovation for their work. They are the one's who make this movie great. It would have been more enjoyable if the acting was better, but it still packs a good punch. It received terrible ratings from almost every newspaper, but, believe me, it is awesome. You have to see this movie in the movie theater to enjoy it.

"Dante's Peak" gives a humongous adrenaline rush that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end. It has the most spectacular special effects ever seen. If you like action movie, or disaster flicks, then "Dante's Peak" is the movie for you. It will blow you away