Barbie steps into a new adventure: Princess Charm School! | Teen Ink

Barbie steps into a new adventure: Princess Charm School!

May 25, 2023
By Anonymous

“Barbie: Princess Charm School” was released in 2011, The film is directed by Ezekiel Norton and produced by Rainmaker Entertainment and Mattel. It follows the typical Barbie movie plot that teaches young audiences a lesson through the hardships Blair goes through. 


In the film,  Blair Willows, the main character, receives a scholarship to study at the famous Princess Charm School due to her foster family's sister. Blair is overjoyed to get the chance to become a princess, but she is quickly humbled and learns that it takes more than simply wearing lovely clothes and going to fancy events to be a princess. She learns and goes through a series of events to finally discover the truth about her actual family life. 


One of the positive messages about self-confidence and inner power in "Barbie Princess Charm School" is one of its strengths. Blair was first intimidated by the princess school's high expectations and competition, but with determination and the encouragement of her friends, she learns to believe in herself and trust her own skills. This is an essential message for young viewers, and it is  shown through the plot of the movie.


The bright and colorful animation captures the eyes of people with detailed scenery and realistic character designs. Each character has a unique personality and a very specific background that brings the story together. 


Overall, "Barbie Princess Charm School" is an enjoyable film aimed at young children. It's a movie that conveys an important message about self-confidence and the importance of being true to oneself while providing lots of entertainment and enjoyment.


The author's comments:

My name is Ivy and I am from Queens, NY. I love to watch Tv, drama shows because they are very entertaining and intresting.