Cars | Teen Ink

Cars

November 26, 2020
By rmacdermid34 BRONZE, Warwick, Ontario
rmacdermid34 BRONZE, Warwick, Ontario
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Cars Movie Review 

Cars is a 2006 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Cars was directed by John Lasseter and the main character, Lighting McQueen, was voiced by Owen Wilson. Other voices include Paul Newman, Bonnie Hunt, Larry the cable guy, Michael Keaton, Richard Petty and more.  
Cars begins at the final race of the Piston Cup Racing season. Rookie sensation Lighting McQueen has had an unbelievable first season and it all comes down to the final race to decide who will win the Piston Cup? Everything is looking good for Lightning until an unexpected last lap catastrophe that ends in a never-before-seen finish and a trip to Los Angeles National Speedway for a retake of the final race. 
On the way to Los Angeles, Lightning gets separated from Mack (John Ratzenberger), who is the semi-truck that takes Lightning to his races. Lightning has quite a night and ends up in the jail of a little old town named Radiator Springs. Lightning is eager to do everything he can to get out of the town and get to his race; it seems like everyone in the town is crazy. After lots of interesting adventures in Radiator Springs, Lightning McQueen grows to like the town and makes lots of new friends in it. However, Lightning must get to his race in Los Angeles and is sad to part from the town when it is time to go. 
Throughout Cars, Lightning McQueen is a very likeable and relatable character that gives you the feeling that you are part of the movie and experience what he is experiencing. Cars is a very family-friendly movie that is loved by all ages. Cars is a fun, playful movie that also brings out other emotions throughout. When Lightning ends up in Radiator Springs, you feel frustration and even some anger toward the citizens. As the movie goes on, you feel a connection to Lightning and his new friends and feel sad when they have to part. It has some good lessons in it too, like pride comes before the fall, listen to your elders, and true friends are always there for you. When Lightning is at his race, his friends give him the encouragement and help he needs to finish well and make them proud. 
The animation and design in Cars are very well done, much like any Disney/Pixar movies. Even though the thought of talking cars seems babyish and very unreal, the physics and race scenes in Cars are pretty realistic and overall, it is a great movie for any age. I acquired Cars as a Christmas present when I was little and have watched it many times through my life and fully recommend it.