“Child’s Play” | Teen Ink

“Child’s Play”

January 13, 2020
By blakefehly123 BRONZE, Fort Atkinson Wi, Wisconsin
blakefehly123 BRONZE, Fort Atkinson Wi, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everyone knows who the serial killing doll Chucky is.This version of the movie is the 8th Chucky movie that there is. There is a new director that created the new movie, and it was apparent that it wasn't the same director. In the original films Chucky was a stuffed doll that came to life after a serial killer’s soul took over the doll. He then lived on through the doll and would go and kill whoever he wanted. 


This new version of the film was a complete change of character. In the originals he was a stuffed doll that was taken over by a serial killers soul. He would kill on through Chucky. In the new film Chucky was a complete change. He was a mechanical doll that was made by a company called Buddi. Unlike the original he was mechanical and not an actual stuffed doll. The original film also had his soul put in the doll and in the new film the film took a different way of showing the doll. 


In the new film he was made into a mechanical toy that would be your best friend forever. He was made in a factory and instead of being taken over by the soul of a serial killer he is programmed with a chip that put a virus in the toy. He looked different in the new film and wasn't even scary looking unlike the first one. I think that with the new film they tried changing what he looked like but they made him look more childish.

One movie goer stated that they thought this version of Child’s Play is way different than the original. He stated that he thought they ruined who he was because in the original Chucky he would go on a killing spree and kill many people. The new film decided to make him try to be funny which didn't work at all, and he didn't really kill many people. The film was just completely ruined and the franchise that is Child’s Play will have to deal with this movie that never should have been made. 


Another movie goer stated that they liked how the film was changed. They thought that the way it was funnier and some of the scenes were gruesome and enjoyed how Chucky was at Andy's side. They thought that it was nothing like the original but was pacey and entertaining once it got going. 


Both of these views are understandable yet they are both opposite reviews. The first review makes more sense for the people who didn't like the new version based on how they changed the character and the way he looks. While the second is more for the movie and liked it. The first one makes more sense for the fact that the movie completely changed the Child's Play franchise. This film ruined what people think about Chucky by the way he was portrayed in the new film. 


So in conclusion the new film was a complete change of character and he wasn't even similar to the original. Chucky was ruined for many people just based on the fact that he wasn't the same Chucky and didn't do the same things the original did.


This movie is rated R and is a thriller/slasher. I would not recommend this movie if you are a big fan of the original Child's Play. If you are a fan and are looking to see what this film is because it's part of the series, it's not like the original and it shouldn't be recommended because it is way different than the original. This movie is for older teens and adults.


Rating 1/5


The author's comments:

I thought that this movie was garbage and had to write a review about it.