Deadpool 2 | Teen Ink

Deadpool 2

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Deadpool 2 is the sequel to the game-changing Deadpool and does its best to live up to expectations. The movie continues the journeys of Wade Wilson, also known as the Merc with a Mouth, as he meets a teenage mutant named Russell. The teenager has anger issues, and because of his incredible powers, controlling his anger is a must. Russell lives at a horrible orphanage that mistreats all of the poor kids. When a powerful soldier from the future comes armed with his scientifically advanced weaponry and tries to eliminate Russell from existence, Deadpool feels that he has an obligation to help the misunderstood kid. However, Deadpool soon learns that he will need more help than he can give solo, so he builds his very own team of heroes, X-Force. Although the team seems super and does its best to help, when a new threat emerges, Deadpool will need more help than he can get. 

Even though none of the movie should be able to function and be successful, it does and almost lives up to the original. The original is still more watchable and better, overall, but Deadpool 2 is loaded to the brim with terrific jokes, fourth-wall breaking scenes, and more than enough one-liners to make even the most serious of folks giggle. The movie does touch on some more serious issues than the first did, and some of the jokes don't roll off quite as well, but the movie is still well done. It received high marks across the entire board, and Vudu gave the movie a 4.6/5, which is an exceptionally high score. Simply put, this movie is an absolute must see. The ending of the movie is actually somewhat heartfelt and emotional, which is actually pretty shocking. Yes, Deadpool 2 is not on the same level as the first, but it more than does enough as it job as a sequel, which basically means not screwing up anything or creating a dreadful movie, and sets up the inevitable third movie, which will bring quite the crowd. After watching this movie, it's hard not to fall in love with Deadpool. 

Yes, Deadpool 2 is not on the same level as the first, but it more than does enough as it job as a sequel, which basically means not screwing up anything or creating a dreadful movie, and sets up the inevitable third movie, which will bring quite the crowd.