The Godfather | Teen Ink

The Godfather

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

The Godfather is considered by many to be one of the greatest movies of all time. Based off of Mario Puzo's novel that has the same name, this drama/crime mob movie revolves around the life of a powerful Italian/American family. Don Vito Corleone is the head of the family and the head of the mob. Don Corleone is a powerful man in New York in the 1940s, and when someone needs a favor, he goes to Don. When Corleone agrees to completing the favor, he says that they're going to give them an offer that they can't refuse. His youngest son, Michael, is the most recent person to join the Mafia, but he does so reluctantly and for good reason. Michael gets involved in the violence, the dangers, and witnesses the betrayal that occurs in the dirty business. The son soon gets drawn deeper and deeper into the business and is eventually put into a difficult position.  
 This movie is an absolute masterpiece and beautifully represents what the mob was like back then. The movie is realistic and intense throughout. The cast of the movie is fantastic and help to make this film one of the greats. The actual plot of the film is excellent and proves that great movies don't need to be mindless. 
 The Godfather received incredibly high reviews across the board and is deserving of it. The movie truly is one of a kind, and it revolutionized the film industry. Don Vito Corleone has a become an iconic character and for good reason. He is the face of this movie, and his voice has become just as famous. For people who have not yet seen it, this movie cannot be recommended enough and is an absolute must see. 

The Godfather is a true masterpiece and is a must see.