Event Horizon | Teen Ink

Event Horizon

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Event Horizon is a movie taking place in 2047 and revolves around a mysterious ship called the Event Horizon. When the Event Horizon goes past Neptune and disappears for awhile, everybody assumes that everything is going as planned. The ship is designed to go faster than light and travel through space and time at a remarkable speed, using a gateway. However, when the ship mysteriously reappears after being gone for awhile, nobody is positive about what to make of it. A team onboard a ship called the Lewis and Clark are sent on a mission to find the ship and figure out what happened. The team is led by Captain Miller, and they're accompanied by the inventor of the Event Horizon, William Weir, who's there to help give an insight on how the ship works and some insight on the kind of possibilities that could've happened to it. 
 After they try to scan the ship, the team soon learns something is off when they detect life signs, but they can't localize it. A group of people go to check the inside of the ship, and they quickly realize that there's something off about the ship, There's a dead body with odd attributes, there's signs of life but no actual sightings of life, and the heart of the ship seems to be the strangest thing of all. 
 Because of a result of a powerful gravity wave, the Lewis and Clark gets destroyed, and everyone is forced to hop on board the Event Horizon, which might prove to be a fatal mistake. The ship has a sketchy vibe to it, and when hallucinations begin to occur, the crew members don't know what to expect, but they do know one thing: it can't be good.
Although the movie received a poor 26% from Rotten Tomatoes, Google users gave the movie a solid 84%. The movie is surprisingly entertaining and thrilling with hints of fear and creepiness. The whole notion of having a ship be able to go to the unknown is creepy, but Event Horizon takes the creepiness to the next level. This movie is definitely a bone-chilling science fiction movie that manages to have its own unique flavor of fear. 

Event Horizon is a creepy science fiction movie that is sure to cause some chills.