The Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper | Teen Ink

The Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper

By Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York
Nated315 DIAMOND, Georgetown, New York

Truth has many shades. It's not a matter of black and white, but many grays.

The Vampirates books, by Justin Somper, are somewhat like you'd expect, but a real good read. I picked up the first book, and could not put it down. as the series evolves, you can feel the author becoming more and more confident with himself.

The story is based on two twins, Connor and Grace. They were raised in a lighthouse by their father, and they had just enough to get by and survive. The father has an obsession with a shanty related to this mysterious Vampirate ship.

When the father dies, the twins steal his boat to escape their orphan fate, but that dosen't last too long. The boat is caught in a storm and capsizes.

The twins wake up to find themselves on two ships of very different ships, and Grace is on a very strange one indeed.

So I don't keep on rambling and tell you the whole plot, I must move on. 

This is definately a good read, and so are the following books in the series. There is a lot of action, drama, romance, family dinamics, and of course, it combines pirate life with vampires!

If you love Si-Fi, read it. If you love vampires, read it. If you love pirates, read it. If you love action, read it!

Read this book, I dare you!