Heist Society by Ally Carter | Teen Ink

Heist Society by Ally Carter

May 4, 2015
By Cheonsa BRONZE, Draper, Utah
Cheonsa BRONZE, Draper, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“The things that are most precious to us are sometimes the most secret.” Family businesses were always a hassle, having to cut out time of your socializing schedule to do the family a good deed. But what if your family was in the business of stealing? “Heist Society” by Ally Carter revolves around Katarina Bishop, a normal girl on the outside but has family roots in the world of theft. Just when she believes that she has escaped the family business, Katarina is violently pulled back into the world of stealing to retrieve a painting for a powerful mobster but this time...her own father is the suspect?! With the help of her former co-conspirator Hale and close allies, Katarina goes on the mission of her life; to prove her father’s innocence and steal her normal life back!

As one of my favorite works from Ally Carter, I highly recommend “Heist Society” for teens and young adults who enjoy adventure with a touch of romance. Carter has fabricated one of the most interesting and adrenaline pumping plots I’ve ever read by putting the reader into the world of Katarina Bishop. The character development throughout the story only heightened the experience with relatable qualities to each character making it an effortless work of literature art.

With its own unique moments of intensity, this book is a must read by all action/adventure lovers and is so addicting, you can’t only read it once! Katarina’s vivid and detailed observations and opinions truly put “making a book come to life” into reality.