The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Hazel Grace Lancaster said:" I believe we have a choice in this world, about how to tell a sad story..."

This book is simply one of a kind! It's not just a typical, predictable love story. Somehow in this book, John Green gathers the special moments we all happen to live once in a while.

It is the story of a teenage girl, named Hazel Grace Lancaster, who happens to have a cancer. Apparently her lungs seem to suck at being lungs. Diagnosed at the age of 13 years old, she stopped going to school and started taking home classes. Being the only child of her parents, she tries to do her best to give the least peace of mind she can to her mom and dad. For that she had to attend a support group which helps young people in her situation.

She meets a boy who at first sight seem just regular. However, the effet this boy is gonna carry on her life will change her forever. His name is Augustus Waters, he is 17 years old and used to be a basketball player, but not anymore because of the cancer that has caused him the loss of his right leg. Thinking she doesn't deserve any sympathy or carring, she tries so badly to resist the feelings overwhelming her heart. Thanks to Augustus, she will open up her eyes to the beauty and love she had all along right in front of her.

While reading this book, you will not only witness her life and experiences but also change your point of view toward sick people. Life carries so many surprises, gives us all we ever need and waits for nothing but to be fully lived. No matter how much time we have left.

Afraid of getting hurt and feeling pain?! Well, it's okay because it is part of the deal. That's the one thing about pain, it demands to be felt. However, the little infinities of happiness and joy, you will have the chance to live, will make the pain worth the while.

That's how John Green chose to tell us the beautiful sad story of Hazel Grace Lancaster. He simply says it all, no pretending and no faking. Throughout the entire book, he teaches us how to be grateful for the least we can get from this life. The fact of being sick doesn't mean you don't deserve love; you certainly do as much as any other person. There's nothing you can do to avoid pain for life is not a fairytale.

This is the truth; this is The Fault in Our stars. Somehow, John Green found a way to let us dive into his book and find ourselves in every word he says.

The reason I so love this book is simply because it's not fake. It's not a fairytale love story. It's sad but also very powerful and strong, just like reality is. Read it and you'll never regret it, I'm pretty sure it'll leave an impact deep inside your heart. Thanks to john Green, this book really opened up my eyes to so many things that were right in front of me. I hope you'll enjoy it ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you my dear!! You too are a wonderful writer and an awesome person, I can say a million words and still wouldn't be enough to describe you my dear crazy sister lol ^_^ I am so glad you liked it and especially made you wanna read the book cuz that's the piont after all, right?! ;) Thanks a lot again sweetie

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This just makes me want to read the book, even more. Haha. :) I love the way, hwo you wrote it. :) It's amazing and you explained about the book, so amazingly. :) Thank you so much, for sharing this. You are a wonderful and talented writer and person. You also, hae talent and greatness in you. :) Thank you again, my sister. ^_^

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
wooooooooooow! awesome work! are u sure you weren't a co-writer for the book? awesome explanation of the book. Your ords made me want to red the book!. That just goes to show what an awesome writer you are! Keep it up!

CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

This is amazing wording, this makes me want to read it even more!