sleeping freshman never lie | Teen Ink

sleeping freshman never lie

By Jackiepurplerocks GOLD, Houston, Texas
Jackiepurplerocks GOLD, Houston, Texas

This is a rolling on the floor, absolutely hilarious book. In this story Scott Hudson is a new freshman in high school and this is the story of his very funny (well maybe not to him) freshman year. As many of us know high school can be tough and very confusing. In the book Scott goes through the conflicts of having a crush on someone who is totally out of his league, his mom being pregnant , and becoming involved in just about all the school’s activities. His love for reading and his talent for writing give the story a very interesting twist. But with the help of some very surprising new friends Scott realizes that some things in life might seem bad but in reality they have layers of many other meanings and signs to them. He also finds that in high school one must learn the art of acceptance to survive.

It is one of the few books that I have read that pulls off the whole funny/ I understand what you are going through concept. The author definitely gets what a teenager really feels like. This is a great book for high school students or 8th graders that are going into high school. This book is full of drama, action, suspension, and survival tips of all sorts. This is a definite must read book.

I have a book report on this book and we were requested to answer some questions. I am having a real hard time answering the questions and i read the book but i just dont understand it. I need help finding character traits of wesley and scott and then what do you think the 3 main themes are? my teacher is insanneee with these questionss. PLEASE HELP ME!  Im a freshmen in highschool and i am horrible at english:(    HELP!

dexteyboo452 said...
This book we read for my 8th grade english class and oh wow we had some fun with this book! Very good book. I would recommend it to about anyone.

nature-elf PLATINUM, Ramsey, New Jersey

"If love is shelter, I'll walk in the rain." -Anonymous

Actually, the author, David Lubar, came to our school a few weeks ago, ironically. Though, he's hilarious himself, but his writing, the way he writes, is okay. He doesn't use much adjectives or detail. But you're right on funny. He is.

just3wordss said...
I was curious if this book was going to be good. the title was what caught my eye. Lately, I've been in the mood for humor. I'm definately checking this book out! Thank you!

I read this book too! It was pretty hilarious. I loved how Scott was portrayed as such an innocent character falling into bizzar scenarios that regular teens deal with everyday. He was so honest, so honest that he even felt guilty and admitted when he wasn't being honest to himself...if that makes sense...anywho. Great review on a great book!