sleeping freshman never lie | Teen Ink

sleeping freshman never lie

November 28, 2008
By Jackiepurplerocks GOLD, Houston, Texas
Jackiepurplerocks GOLD, Houston, Texas
13 articles 0 photos 3 comments

This is a rolling on the floor, absolutely hilarious book. In this story Scott Hudson is a new freshman in high school and this is the story of his very funny (well maybe not to him) freshman year. As many of us know high school can be tough and very confusing. In the book Scott goes through the conflicts of having a crush on someone who is totally out of his league, his mom being pregnant , and becoming involved in just about all the school’s activities. His love for reading and his talent for writing give the story a very interesting twist. But with the help of some very surprising new friends Scott realizes that some things in life might seem bad but in reality they have layers of many other meanings and signs to them. He also finds that in high school one must learn the art of acceptance to survive.

It is one of the few books that I have read that pulls off the whole funny/ I understand what you are going through concept. The author definitely gets what a teenager really feels like. This is a great book for high school students or 8th graders that are going into high school. This book is full of drama, action, suspension, and survival tips of all sorts. This is a definite must read book.