Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell | Teen Ink

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

February 8, 2014
By LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
LivingTheDr3Am DIAMOND, Bedford, New York
53 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack."


Cather + Wren = Catherine. Their mother didn’t feel like coming up with two names, so she simply split one in half…and then she left. But none of that matters; Cath, Wren and their dad had each other’s backs.

Cath and Wren grew up immersed in the Simon Snow fandom. For them, the fandom was more like a lifestyle than a cult. Cath was a famous fan-fiction writer with thousands of hits per chapter. The twins never left each other’s sides…until college. All of a sudden, Wren was more interested in the frat guys and her dumb roommate than her own twin sister and Simon Snow. So Cath did what she always did in times of struggle: she shut everyone out.

And then Levi came along. Levi was everything Cath was not: full of smiles, talkative, social…but you know what they say: “Opposites attract.” After a lot of self-doubt, Cath realized that she loved Levi. Suddenly, she found herself at a fork in the road: Cath had to choose between Simon Snow…and Levi.


The author's comments:
I really liked this book. It was extremely easy to read and also to relate to. Rainbow Rowell (the greatest name in the world) did a great job with this story, and I can’t wait to read her other books!