Delirium by Lauren Oliver | Teen Ink

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

By Tarah18 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts
Tarah18 PLATINUM, Brockton, Massachusetts

"If a man can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl he simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
~Albert Einstein

This book is simply amazing! Words can barely describe how well this book was written. If you liked The Hunger Games or Matched series than you will absolutely love the Delirium series. The Delirium series consists of three books and one novella. Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem, and the novella called Hana. The book is set in an alternate present in which love is considered a disease and the Scientist have found a cure for love. The book follows Lena Hollaway, a seventeen year old girl who can't wait to be cured,but with
only about three months untill she's cured, Lena falls in love.

In sixth grade we learned about the plot mountain that books should follow. Exposition, rising action, climax,falling action and resolution. But the thing that I love about the way Lauren Oliver writes is that she's a rebel. Her stories go exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, CLIMAX! And she always ends the book with a bang. That's right, a climax on the very last page. Another thing about Lauren Oliver is that the beginning of the books is a bit dry, but once the action picks up, it's impossible to put the book down. The Delirium series has alot of romance, action and depth. It's a must read, so go get it! READ IT NOW!