Nevermore by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Nevermore by James Patterson MAG

January 9, 2013
By AnubhutiKumar PLATINUM, New York, New York
AnubhutiKumar PLATINUM, New York, New York
41 articles 0 photos 8 comments

After seven years and eight books, James Patterson's Maximum Ride series has come to an end. The final ­installment, Nevermore, officially ends the world of Max, Fang, Iggy and their friends.

When they're born, the group was genetically altered to grow wings and kept in cages and experimented on. These experiments had serious repercussions, including making Iggy blind. Eventually they escaped.

Soon after running away, these half-bird, half-human kids are given their destiny to save the world. They promote the idea of stopping global warming, but fear it might be too late. In Nevermore, Doomsday is close at hand and the bird-kids try with all their might to stop it, or at least save as many people as they can.

But bigger problems loom closer to their hearts. A love triangle forms, forcing the teens to make the impossible decision of what is best versus what they want most.

Patterson's style is blunt and to the point. His characters are relatable and speak and think as most teens do. Patterson may have been a rookie to the world of young-adult books when he wrote his first Maximum Ride book, but now with the saga's final chapter, Nevermore, he's just as popular with us as he is with adults.

The plot is filled with twists and turns and action and adventure. Nevermore is a fast-paced page-turner that's hard to put down. The characters become some of your closest friends and you feel invested in them. Find out if Max makes it to Doomsday, saves the world, and finds true love in Nevermore.