Deadly Drive by David Patneaude | Teen Ink

Deadly Drive by David Patneaude

March 13, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The book Deadly Drive is an awesome book! I could not put it down! This book, I think, was written for girls and boys who love basketball and have the drive and desire to be the best they can be. It is also a good book for you if you like mysteries and the books that keep you on the edge of your seat!

Without giving away too much of the book, I'm going to briefly tell you what it is about. The main character is a 13 year old girl named Casey. She has been raised by her father for most of her life and a close friend. Her mother passes away in a car accident when she was younger and it was a very mysterious situation because ever since that day her mother died, on that very day Casey would receive a great amount of money from an anonymous person. Casey loves basketball more than anything! She's always wanted to play on a competitive basketball team but there weren't any where she lived. A super nice family moves in next door to Casey and her father and Casey grows very close with the girl who moves in who is her age. She also plays basketball, very well! This girl plays on a competitive team right out of town and invites Casey to try out. I could go on and on about this story. Do you think Casey made the team? Or what about those mysterious packages filled with gobs of money every year on the day her mother passes away? Read the book and you'll find out!


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.