Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going | Teen Ink

Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going

September 21, 2007
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Do you find that fat people can be funny? Well that is just the kind of thing that Troy Billings doesn't understand. Troy has been a suicidal, very self couscous fat kid ever since his mother died. All he knows is about to change after meeting Curt, a skinny, punk rock, homeless guitarist who is a legend at his school.

One night Curt and troy come back home to Troy's house way past curfew and his ex-marine dad is waiting there. In the heat of the moment, as an excuse Troy says that he is the drummer in Curts punk rock band. Troy wakes up the next morning hoping that Curt knew it wasn't true but it turns out Curt already made a gig for them in five weeks. Will Troy become a drummer by the time of the gig, or will he end up publicly embarrassing himself in front of hundreds of punk rockers?

I think this book was a really fun read. K.L Going made each of the characters as vivid as possible. Personally I don't read much but this book has made me want to read more. She really made me feel what it would be like if I were that character in those situations. I thought the way she described how Curt played guitar was really mind blowing. I think that if you like rock this book is a good book for you. This book was probably the most gripping book I have ever read.