Glass Houses by Rachel Caine | Teen Ink

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

By BookOwl PLATINUM, Bristol, Tennessee
BookOwl PLATINUM, Bristol, Tennessee

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt

Claire Danvers has just started her freshmen year of college in Morganville, Texas. Besides the wicked witch of popularity, Monica, and her Monickettes, Morganville seems pretty normal. Appearances mean nothing.

Morganville is full of vampires, and Claire is just another cattle. After Monica pushes her down the stairs, Claire flees form the dorms, fearing for her life. She comes across a roommate wanted add in the paper, and heads off to the Glass House. The current occupants being, Michael, Shane, and Eve. The Glass House is a mansion; “Gone With The Wind meets The Munster’s” Michael had said.

When she arrives at the Glass House, Michael starts to turn her down immediately, considering that- 16 year old -Claire is underage. But after hearing her story, he agrees to let her temporarily stay.

This was an amazing story, it was unique, interesting, and it pains me to say that I can’t recommend any of The Morganville Vampires Books. The cussing is bad in the first book, but not bad enough that I didn’t buy the second one. The cussing just gets worse, quadrupling and then some. It saddens me that they ruined an amazing book with all of that trash, but it happens, and I know it doesn’t bother a lot of people. But I know it bothers some, and I can’t just give these books 5 stars because it had a good story.