Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

February 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Extra! Extra! READ all about it! Harry's a bestseller no doubt about it! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the best of seven, hands down! J.K. Rowling is an incredible author who started it all. From enchanted stones, to the Hallows of death, J.K. Rowling is an author who's got it all with these awesome books.

The series is about a boy named Harry Potter whose wizarding parents were killed by a man who was not a man, a name too feared to speak, Lord Voldemort. The darkest Wizard in history, who tried to kill Harry but failed and gave him a warning scar on his forehead. Well anyway, Harry lives with “muggles” (his uncle, aunt and cousin) who swore to keep him away from magic. They hardly cared for him. Then Harry attends a school called Hogwarts, the best school for Witchcraft and wizardry in the entire world. Well, this book is when Harry and his two friends set off into the wizard world alone to destroy Voldemort's Horcruxes to kill him at last (Horcruxes are separate souls from the original). They do this because they know Voldemort is the ultimate power now and needed to be destroyed.

This book and The Half-Blood Prince are awaiting a movie to match. This book is a sensation. Potter fans gathered at any bookstore from morning to 12:30 the next day. This Sci-Fi fantasy book is perfect for 8 years and up, and people who've read the famous Harry Potter series. My favorite part is when Harry fails and succeeds all at the same time. This is a fantastic book. I couldn't put it down. I finished in two days. I was angry when I finished because I knew that the adventure had ended but there may have been a sneak peek of maybe a linked series (Yippee!). This book's opening day is partially history! If I were you, I'd read it!