Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson | Teen Ink

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Have you ever wanted to fly or try and take on a band of pirates? Well, if you answered yes to either of those questions then Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson is the book for you!

Peter and the Starcatchers is an action packed story about an orphan boy who finds his wings. Peter is an orphan who is shoved on a boat and forced to work for King Zarbaroff once he reaches his destination. But as the ship gets into it's voyage Peter is in for a big surprise, the boat is taken over by the most feared pirate on the seas, Captain Stache. Unknown to Peter there is more on the ship than he thought. The greatest treasure the world has seen is on that ship and the only ones who know at first are a single girl and Peter. As a storm arises the ship sinks and many people are marooned on an island. What will happen on the island? You will just have to read and find out.

In my opinion this book was extremely well written. The images that you get when you read this book is a wonderful sensation. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes a fast paced adventure, full of magic and action. The genre of this book is adventure because of the multiple places the story takes place and all of the suspense that goes on. The author's style is a very unique kind of writing. The author often switches point of view and uses very figurative language.

So, If you are bored with your typical novel or your typical sci-fi book, then you should pick up Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry.