Yolanda's Genius by Carol Fenner | Teen Ink

Yolanda's Genius by Carol Fenner

January 16, 2011
By Natalie4ya GOLD, Laredo, Texas
Natalie4ya GOLD, Laredo, Texas
19 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To each his own" "Love is being stupid together"


Yolanda is big and tough, everybody knows better than to mess with her or her younger brother Andrew. Andrew is small and always has his ears open wide, listening to the worlds sounds .Andrew doesn’t talk much and he can’t read but he loves music and using the harmonica his father gave him as a baby and his small pipe he can create the most amazing music. But when the family moves from their hometown of Chicago and Yolanda forgets Andrew for one second something happens that knocks the music right out of him. Now it’s Yolanda’s job to get it back.
Yolanda’s Genius is the story of one girls struggle to prove to the world that her younger brother is a musical genius. The story will warm your heart and keep you flipping the pages dying to see what Yolanda will do next. I give Yolanda’s Genius five stars from beginning to end. I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever given or received the warmth and protection of an older sibling or anyone who loves to watch dreams come true. If you want a book that will leave you with a smile on your face then Yolanda’s Genius is the one so go pick it up now and enjoy the sounds.