Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz | Teen Ink

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Alex is wakened in the middle of the night to hear of his uncle's death. The police tell him he died in a car wreck, but Alex knows that is not true, and his discoveries prove him correct.

But what he discovers next is beyond his wildest dreams: his uncle, the man he believed to be a banker, was in reality an agent for M16, Britain's elite spy agency. Alex is then caught up in a game of cat and mouse after M16 recruits him to complete his uncle's mission and his killer.

"Stormbreaker" is a rarity in the world of espionage. While the "Spy Kids" tackle mutants and "Totally Spies'!" gadgets are beyond belief, the Alex Rider series is a spy series that takes a child's fantasy, but brings it to real life. The gadgets and training are realistic, and the battle scenes are not out of this world. While I enjoy movies such as the "Spy Kids" series with their wacky characters and insane missions, it's a breath of fresh air to read a spy story that is completely realistic and yet, not in the least, boring.

Anthony Horowitz has a hit on his hands and I am excited to read the rest of the series.

*A film version of "Stormbreaker" premiered in 2006.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

*find his killer. Sorry about that! :/

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Thank you!! :D

MoonGem BRONZE said...
MoonGem BRONZE, UB, Other

Live for God, Laugh for God, Love for God. Soli deo Gloria.

ONE WORD. AWESOME.