Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

dramatizeme said...
Twililight is an amazing and well written book. I have never been so happy to be reading in my life. Stephenie Meyer has a way of making you not want to put the book down.

Paigeumms said...
Well, I think the book as a whole was awesome! It was great. The only problem I had was that I could flip through and find tiny gramatical errors, which upset me a bit. I think that kind of takes away from the books. The plot and everything else was great though :)

CJ_Punky said...
I love all the books, can't wait till the film comes out, the ending of breaking sucks a lil bit but it's still great, anyone heard any news about midnight sun??

Elli said...
While I do appreciate my peers' opinions, I strongly dislike Twilight. The adjectives are overdone, the ending is pathetic (everybody lives happily ever after without consequence), and the antagonists are badly developed. They have little reason to pursue Bella, and are ultimately classified as the cliched Disney villains. Bella is much too dependent on Edward, and Edward is... sparkly. He is overly concerned with the safety of Bella, and while that may be endearing, it is also annoying. As Meyers does not think of Bella as a damsel in distress, I do not think she should have Bella act like one, and have everybody treat her like one.

MarinaE22 said...
OMG!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK! It is absolutely the most fabulous book ever. To tell you the truth, I did not want to read it! My friends forced me, and I absolutely fell in love. You know a book is good if it changes your whole perspective! Oh, and someone said that teens don't read any other books or something like that. Hon, the only reason my friends made me read this is because I had read almost all the YA books in my local bookstore!!!

edward fan said...
i have never read a book about vampires until a friend of mine gave me the book and told me 2 read the preface onnce i read the preface i was hooked so hooked i bought my own copy and read all three books in 3 weaks and recently read breaking dawn everything about twilight is amazing it my favorite serise i have ever read i laugh i cry happy tears and sad tears when i read the books they are just so relatable and each book is diffrent in there own way

PotAsh said...
I read the first two books and it usually takes me forever to read a entire book, but I finished Twilight in

about 4/5 days and it was the same with New Moon. I couldn'tv put the books down they are very captivating.

!@#$%^ said...
i freakin love this book. it's actually pretty good! new moon, and eclipse are REALLY good too. i'm on breaking dawn, and its turning out awesome. (: hope everyone else enjoys it! :D

carry martin said...
Twilight is the mostmost boring book eva!

Twilight is the bom i cant wait to go watch the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!omg CANT WAIT!

Andy1203 said...
this was an awsome aticle and I have to agree that the same thing happened to me I never read that many books about vampires but after I read Twilight I just couldn't stop reading any books about vampires or any mithical cretures so to speak. I love this book and I can't wait till the movie comes out.

DaRkShAdOw said...
i'll have to admit that the book is not good at all....infact i don't actually get the reason behind it at all! vampires are supposed to be scary and adventorus..while this vampire spends his whole life fawning over a girl which i think is pretty stupid..i did read the first two books, they are good but not as much as people say!..well, the point is that even if the book isnt good your article is definitely interest-capturing and the way of writing is very appealing too!

This book is the best. I never read books the bore me as soon as i checked this book out it was sooooo good. It only took like 2 weeks too read. Trust me im not the kind to read books ive never read one in my life and im 14 lol:P

briana123 said...
omg this was one of the best books ever a teacher recommended it and i couldnt put the book down i went a head of everyone else whos reading it and now im reading new moon!

Marissa321 said...
OMG. I love this boook with my entire heart,Seriously!This has been the only book i have ever loved this much!Can't wait for the movie!!!!

jobrosfan said...
I LOVE THIS BOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt put it down. my freinds got really annoyed with me though. i love the charicters names! Edward cullen, Bella Swan, Emmet cullen, Alice Cullen, Jasper Cullen, rosalia Cullen, Jacob black, and Charlie Swan. i like Edwards name the best. i cant wait till the movie comes out! i think new moon is really sad.... if you havnt read this book then read read read read read read it!!!!!!

BebbiBee said...
The whole Twilight series really makes me very angry. Most middle and high school students are not interested in reading any of the wonderful books that are out there until something comes along and teens read just to say they have. Not only that, but I think vampire stories are extremely overrated.

madlenkadoll said...
Hey! Great review, Katey! I love these books too. They are captivating! Thanks!

Taaaylor Xx3 said...
I love Twilight!! It is one of my favorite books. I have also read New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn and thought all of them were great. I can't wait till the movie comes out! BTW, this was a great article. Good job!!

Katey said...
Uhm. It is fiction. it doesnt need a point to it..its purely entertainment. Im sorry that you didnt like it. Almost everyone does.