Finally by Wendy Mass | Teen Ink

Finally by Wendy Mass

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Firstly, if you have not yet read "11 Birthdays", don't even think of picking up this book. Seeing as this is "11 Birthdays" companion novel, you will be entirely confused from about the fourth chapter until the end of the book.

"Finally" is the story of Rory (girl-Rory, not to be confused with boy-Rory, which seems to happen a whole lot). Ever since Rory could talk, and understand that her parents are overprotective in every stretch of the means, she has wanted to be like every other kid her age. But her parents keep telling her the same thing: "When you're twelve." Well, that day has finally arrived and Rory is going to discover (through a series of long, painful and distorting events) that, even though all her wishes are about to come true, she has to learn that the road to getting what you want is not as rewarding as helping the people you meet along the way. Simple acts like giving a dollar to someone in need or grabbing the collar of a dog, things that seem insignificant at the time, may just change your life.

I started this book and was kind of upset because it didn't seem to be like many of her other novels. If you're reading it and feel the same way, KEEP READING! The ending is absolutely amazing, something I don't think will register until you get there. The ending reminds me, slightly, of that commercial. The one where somebody does something nice, and someone else sees him. Then they do something nice and someone else sees them and so on and so forth till your back to the first person. It's all about how the little things we do, whether good or bad, even if we don't think about, affect someone else in some way, good or bad. You could change someone's entire life by just saying hello or giving them a smile. It may seem corny or unnecessary, but it may be just what that person needs at that very moment.

"Finally" is an amazing read, although it's a book you most likely will not fully enjoy until the end, when, suddenly, everything that's happened, makes complete and total sense. Congratulations to Wendy Mass for another wonderful story!

beberox_ said...
yo all peeps dis is soo sick this is amazing stuff!!

THEBEAST123 said...
my favorite is finally by wendy mass because it has a lot more details.

love the book but ii lost the book and ihave to do a book report about it .......................  

Nallie said...
My fav are all the Willow Falls books!!!

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Well, you're welcome. Glad I could help! :)

Mira Meow said...
I was going to buy this book but in your article, you wrote that i shouldn't buy this book if i haven't read "11 Birthdays" yet. As a matter of fact, your article helped me and i just want to thank you for saving my money :D

i read a couple chapters in the book and i wasnt that interested maybe if i keep o reading itl get good but the begging chapters were boring or less interesting and its like bad to good but then bad again.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Every Soul a Star and A mango Shaped Space are my faves! Thanx for the comment! Hey, check out my interview with Mrs. Mass! :)

mtm97 said...
every soul a star was my favorite from wendy mass

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

haha, ok, you're welcome! :)

cvgiggles98 said...
i have read all of the wendy mass books and i think 11 Birthdays is my favorite but i cant hepl it allof the are! thanks for reading my post from cvgiggles98