Falling Up | Teen Ink

Falling Up MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

For me, poetry is a very personal thing. It makes melaugh, and sometimes even makes me cry. I love poetry for what it says aboutlife, about love, and about everything in this world that is worth writing about.When I think of great poetry, Falling Up by Shel Silverstein comes to mind. Itshumorous poems are always what I need for a good laugh, and they help lighten mymood.

This is a collection of the silliest and zaniest poems you canimagine. They are hilarious, and good for readers of all ages. I have beenreading Silverstein's poems since I was little, and I loved them even then. Someare extremely clever, like "The Monkey," and others are just plainfunny, like "Tattooin' Ruth."

When I flip through the pages Ifeel like I am reading each for the first time. I giggle even after reading"Noise Day" for the hundredth time. Each poem is accompanied by ahumorous illustration by Silverstein.

I highly recommend this book toanyone who appreciates poetry and likes to laugh. I guarantee you'll enjoy it.The book's wacky nature will make anyone crack a smile, and you can be sure thatyou'll be flipping through the pages for a long time to come!

i love this !