pillow thoughts book review | Teen Ink

pillow thoughts book review

January 29, 2024
By nancybarajas BRONZE, Sacramento, California
nancybarajas BRONZE, Sacramento, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Love makes us both happy and sad, and there is not a soul alive that has been able to understand why.’ I love reading poetry books, out of all the many poetry books I have read pillow thoughts have catched my attention the most. It is personally my favorite poetry book. Courtney Peppernell saw people struggling to understand their emotions and feeling unsure about love. So she wrote a poetry book to help us understand ourselves. It was such a relatable book, such an interesting book that the more I read it the better I felt within myself. It helped me heal in many ways just by simply reading it and understanding it. Just how it has also helped others and how it can help you.


Pillow thoughts is a beautiful collection of poetry and prose that delves into the depth of emotions.self discovery,love,  soul searching, it talks about the feelings u go threw in each process, how love truly feels like.explore your feelings and find solace in these pages of pillow thoughts. Before  reading the book I was lost in my own thoughts. I didn't understand the emotions I was feeling. Pillow thoughts helped me understand them better. It made me realize love is not always all laughs. This poetry book was written for those who are unsure or lost, not letting go of someone,or going through heartbreak. So people don't feel alone in what they're going through. If you are feeling like that then i suggest you read this book.


Understanding your emotions is such an important thing people should take into consideration more. There are many young people struggling with their mental health because of heartbreak, or because they feel lonely, or they just simply feel lost in this world. People usually tend to not care if your feelings this way which is why you need to learn how to care about your own emotions, put yourself first. Because of people like that struggling with their feelings is why pillow thoughts was wroten. The author felt the same way, and that is what inspired them to write pillow thoughts to share their emotions so others can see there not alone in there own thoughts. It encourages others to move on to live life to not pause your life and dig yourself in a deep hole.  Ii discovered this book through my friends. And I'm really glad I decided to read this book. I once felt unsure with myself, unsure about my relationship with my bf. And this book helped me through all those emotions.


I recommend this book to you if you are going through a heartbreak and you need comfort, if you are wanting to let go of someone, or ur in your healing process. This book is the one for you. It will help you overcome those fears of letting a loved one go. It will help you be kinder with yourself in the book Courtney Peppernell gives specific ways of thinking that will keep you positive and will keep you from thinking negatively 

 

If you're interested in understanding your own emotions then i recommend you to buy it or to czech it out at your local library. If it has helped others then I'm sure it will help you.


The author's comments:

im 15 years old and i found this book really relatble to my situations i have faced and i really enjoyed reading this book and  healing while reading it awsell .


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.