Eon Dragoneye Reborn Review | Teen Ink

Eon Dragoneye Reborn Review

By Jadrien BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Jadrien BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

It has been a while since I found a book I like. Due to the lack of books in my favorite genre, being Mythology. I read through Percy Jackson and the sequel series. I've read Greek mythology, roman mythology, Egyptian mythology, pagan mythology. The tap kind of ran dry, and It was hard to find a replacement that had the same mythical feeling without being too focused on it. Eon: Dragon eye Reborn is an interesting book focusing more on the story than magic. It has a similar feeling to the books I used to read, but with such unique characters and storylines.

Personally, it hits my Mythology sweet tooth. I can get sucked into it like how I used to read the other books. It has less of the magic and crazy creatures but keeps them in the subject enough that it's still interesting. I think people like me that like to read Mythology books would also like this. Compared to many of the other books I've read this seems targeted closer to high school than elementary.

Eon: Dragon eye Reborn is a well-written book. The use of twists and turns constantly happening makes it feel like you can't sit still. The idea that the good guys don't always win makes a lot of situations in the book feel refreshing. Many books seem to struggle with that and feel predictable. Throughout the book, stuff doesn't always work out, and bad stuff does happen to make it genuinely nerve-racking when people are in dangerous spots. Considering the author isn't afraid of making people feel upset about a character dying or being harmed, It really makes me wonder what's gonna happen in every situation. Alison Goodman the author of this book is also not afraid of touchy subjects which is clear in the book. (Spoiler warning for the next paragraph)

Gender bias and other historical matters are well distinguished in the jumble of fiction. The book takes place in a fictional place in history. They are ruled by an emperor with many other similarities with medieval customs. Including the bad ones like the selfish ruling lord in search of power, all the way to profound sexism. The shell of this book is the dragons and elemental powers,  but there is a lot more to it than that. The basic idea of the book is that a slave girl is posing as a boy to try and become a dragon eye apprentice, Someone who is trained to become a dragon eye to make union with one of the 12 dragons and control their power, so that she can stay away from being sent back to the mines. If she was found to be a girl she would be killed on the spot, and later in the book as she gets higher in the ranks, more and more people start to rely on her and would also die if she was found. She's basically trying to get enough power to defeat the evil military general and the racist, sexist, psychotic dragon eye, so that they dont take over the kingdom. I appreciate the blunt reality that shines through the fiction.

Like I said I feel like although it's not mythology, It has the same charm to it. It is better written than most of its mythology counterparts, and it has got enough touchy subjects to keep it interesting. “Eon: Dragon eye Reborn is an interesting book focusing more on the story than magic.” Ignoring the heavy fiction I feel this book has a lot of heart to it. After so long without a book I really like, in the general genre I am into. It's a nice feeling to have a series again. I think “Eon: Dragon eye Reborn '' is a book many people could read and enjoy.

My essay for the Review assignment.