Fool Me Twice | Teen Ink

Fool Me Twice

November 2, 2021
By ccollins24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
ccollins24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Everyone loves to hear about a magical story when two people fall in love, but Henley, one of the main characters in this story, would rather get revenge. With her whit and quick thinking Henley is first to get the hottest guy in school to trip and fall right over her. Yet, what Lincoln doesn’t know about the love between him and Henley is that he might have fallen for her but he doesn’t know it is all a trick. 

In this romance novel “Fool Me Twice” by Carrie Aarons, Henley, a young girl who just lost her best friend, is given a bucket list to complete from her best friend as a dying wish. What she does not know is that in order to complete it, she might not only have to hurt others but she has to hurt herself. This book was one of a kind and would not allow me to put it down until I knew what would happen next. It was thrilling and exciting and full of moments that kept you on your toes wanting to know what was about to happen. 

Henley’s best friend, Catherine, went through a terrible heartbreak from a guy who left her because of her cancer. Yet, what they didn’t know is he held many secrets. Henley's goal was to make Lincoln, Cathierne ex boyfriend, fall in love with her and break his heart, just as he did to Catherine. By using different tricks Henley was able to easily make Lincoln Kolb fall deeply in love and put her in the perfect position to break his heart. Soon enough, with all the time and energy put into this “fake relationship” that Henley was building, she starts to see the good in Lincoln. Although, she still had the bucket list that she needed to complete in honor of her best friend's death. She had to break Lincoln's heart. 

These two characters go through many ups and downs that make you think about the story all night. The book is a complex, loud, and exciting story that will no doubt make you want to read more. After reading it for the 3rd time I have constantly repeated how others should read this book if they want to feel how exciting and thrilling it is to be placed in the mind of Henley and Lincoln throughout the tricks that they both end up falling for.


The author's comments:

This is my favorite book and I hope other teens enjoy reading it as much as I did.