Review Essay | Teen Ink

Review Essay

July 23, 2019
By 1jung BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1jung BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I had never heard of the Flash Pass at Six Flags Great America until my father had gotten it for our family when we arrived at Six Flags.  He knew it was going to be busy at Six Flags all day because of a new ride that they had opened and he wanted us to go on as many rides as we could.


Without the Flash Pass, my parents and I would’ve been miserable, driving from Wisconsin down to Illinois, which is about an hour, all for nothing. The lines at Six Flags were about 40 min long for almost every ride that day, which meant that we would have to wait in the scorching sun for about three fourths of the time we were there. And because the lines were so long, we would’ve only been able to go on about four to five rides the whole time we were there. 


With the Flash Pass, though, my parents and I were able to avoid the problems that many other people had to go through. The Flash Pass allowed for us to go into a different lane for each ride, which cut down the waiting time on the rides by about 30-40 min. And because the wait time was cut down for us, we were able to go on more rides overall, while other people were still waiting in line for the ride that we had already been on. 


Although the Flash Pass is a great product, there is one downside—the price. The price for a Flash Pass can vary from $35 to $85 per person adding up to a total of about $120 per person. So, the total price is quite costly.


To sum up my entire experience with the Flash Pass, the Flash Pass was great and I would recommend it for any person or family of 2-3 people that are visiting Six Flags Great America on a busy day. 


The author's comments:

I hope that the person who reads this paper that I put a lot of effort and time into enjoys it.