Heart of Black | Teen Ink

Heart of Black

By staceylyn SILVER, Fountain Valley, California
staceylyn SILVER, Fountain Valley, California

“We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.”

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

When the storm comes and destroys all you own, into the shadows you are thrown, searching for his heart of white. When you finally find him, he’s not the same. Where fire once burned lies a dying flame.

He swears his love for you is real, he touches but he doesn’t feel. He says his broken heart is fine, he sees but then he’s almost blind.
And he’s there, but then he isn’t, he hears but doesn’t listen. And you feel more alone than you ever have before.

When the peace you’ve fought for disappears, you turn to him to dry your tears, falling for his endless lies. When you come to your senses, it’s all too late. Nothing is able to compensate.

The man who once meant everything, now drowns beneath a sea of dreams. There’s no salvation, no turning back. A heart of white has turned to black.

And he swears his love for you is real, he touches but he doesn’t feel. He says his broken heart is fine, he sees but then he’s almost blind.

Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

Thanks so much! :)

Ariela said...
This song needs to be recognized! Great job and keep writing!