Short Story: Life in a Nutshell for Dummies | Teen Ink

Short Story: Life in a Nutshell for Dummies

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Once upon a time,
Time gave you Life but then took
It away.—The end.

I know this isn't great. Whatever. Tell me if you like it or not. To all those who believe in fairy tales and happy endings.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. XD

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Wonderful idea; it truly is a very very short story :P And it tells the truth. Great job! 

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

And I can't wait for you to read it :D Love.

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

As a bit of an atheist, the God thing would have been weird. I like the repetition because it recognised Time as kind of our overlord.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I love receiving feedback from you. It means so much to me. Thanks for liking it. And I can't wait to read yours soon. XD

- Maya Angelou

I love how the title is so long! And the poem really.. I do like i... It's simple yet poignant. It sticks. I wrote something like this toda...it will get posted soo... Hope it ain't too much of a cliche though ...mine...

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Haha. Yeah, it is sad yet so true. :( Oh well that's life. :)

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

that was a short story kinda sad like when i joke once upon a time you died sweet and simple though :3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. I thought everyone would think this poem was rather immature. I did debate whether to put Time the second time or God instead to give it a rather solemn a darker tone. Dunno. What do yoiu think? Thanks.

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

I love the simplicity, and the futility. Sweet, sad. Also, your repetition of the word "time" in the first and second lines gives it an interesting emphasis. I dig it, my friend!