Praise to the Maker | Teen Ink

Praise to the Maker

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I drink in
the red maple trees,
as the wind sweeps
by them
and sings of sweet, mysterious songs;
as it looks like
the maples are worshiping God.
I listen to the streams
and brooks,
gurgle with laughter;
filled with fresh, madness
and ever-lasting mirth,
that makes my heart sing,
as I breathe in
these velvety, satin airs.
I like to stare
at the sky
as it turns dark,
as it looks like
night is a bowl
filled with stars;
as they smile with me
with joy,
as my breath
suddenly appears,
in this cold, refreshing air.
To me, it seems to be,
that when I hear
the stars twinkle
gently, against
each other -
its the angels' song
of the universe,
praising the Maker.

I wrote this as I saw the stars, the maple trees and the beauty of life as I drank the beauty. This poem is just a praise poem or song, if you want to call it, to the Maker; to Dada. 

Thank you, Liv. You have really encouraged and helped me so. :) Your words mean a lot, and i thank you so much. :) Also, I will, haha. I promise, I will, my friend. Thank you, again! :)

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

You have such a talent, and there is no way it was acquired. This gift was from God, and he loves that you use it to praise him :)The air, the leaves, the sky... So wonderful, so heart achingly beautiful. Please keep writing, you inspire me dear! CX

I'm glad it inspires you, my friend. Haha, I'm glad that I am confident when I'm sharing about the love I feel for God and His love, though I didn't know that I was. I'll probably share more poems and writings about God since I'm going through a time of his love and will always be. :) Haha, if that makes sense. And Renda, aww haha. Thank you for telling me that, you are beautiful too. :) And also, I will keep writing, haha. Thank you so much, for commenting, my friend! :)

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

It inspires me so much when you talk about God, EmmyD. I really love how deep in His love you are, and how confident you are in sharing it with all of us. This poem is beautiful, just like you ;) Keep writing, babe :)