Generation Y | Teen Ink

Generation Y

October 28, 2014
By SabrinaMKoss PLATINUM, New City, New York
SabrinaMKoss PLATINUM, New City, New York
22 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Every kiss is a cursive line, every touch is a redefining phrase.


We are the capped volcano generation of the newest stars, trapped at the end of a leash we strain constantly and pull until the borders are not so clear.
We are creating our own path in this world and blasting holes in our forefathers and fathers before us because we have learned that pushing the limits is not only our right but our duty.
We are the result of upbringing and class, rebels and rabble-rousers and wrecks galore, filling the earth with our music and dance and the culture of an accumulating and ever growing future that shines brighter with our every sinking step.
We arrived after a boom, bumbling our way into debt and a nation too sick to nurture us so we are the ones who have learned how to heal ourselves.
We are human and we are here, we are strong and we are free. We are learning every day how to find our way in this jungle of a world. We swim through essays, politics, papers, pencils as our extremities, rulers, books, homework, work, working, part time, full time, no time, all the time.
We are pushing and pulling and parting our own seas, learning each day what is it that makes us tick, figuring out how to be original and still fit in.
Adapting and changing and growing and moving in the endless sea we call adolescence and it’s not until our caps are in the air that we finally get a taste of wind, that well-worn wisher that keeps us dreaming for tomorrow. We are here. We are here. And we are the future.