winter has come | Teen Ink

winter has come

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

red leaves

have fallen

on earth’s floor,

curled up

like blood

when the chill

sets in;

or like bodies

curling up

for warmth.

the mud

was frozen

with surprise,

for coldness

came by

and dropped in.

the trees

shivered with delight,

and acorns fell down

from shock

for winter

had come,

lacing her beauty

through the forest;

as she danced (skated or skimmed)

with the mist

on the river. 

I wrote this, when I recently went camping. I thought I should share the beauty I saw, so here it is. I hope ya'll enjoy it, and thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

Onavae said...
Onavae, Okota, Other
TeenInk.com/fiction/romance/article/p635e0fd0bdf1663e/To-kiss-the-decking-king/ say hello to a happy ending. Thanks so much for your support. You've really given me much confidence as a writer. I never thought I could finish something this long. Your comments really, uh...drove me. Thank you.

Hey! You're not bothering, honest. :)   Also, thank you. For commenting and giving me the link. You didn't have to finish it for me, if you were tired of them,; but thank you so much. It means a lot.   Also, haha; I can connect to about our writings being approved. It does take them awhile, eh? :)   Thank you, again!

Onavae said...
Onavae, Okota, Other
The story's private by the way, sometimes I feel like we'll all die before our stories get approved

Onavae said...
Onavae, Okota, Other
Can't really relate to this since I live in a tropical country. I mean, very tropical. But it's nicely written, and one of the few poems that's ever held my attention. Good use of...is it figures of speech. Anyway, it's that girl that's writing those stories about Starling and Louri. I'm actually tired of them, but I decided to just finish up for you. Hope I 'm not bothering you. After this one there's one more to go. Here's the link-TeenInk.com/fiction/romance/article/p59f5425650471e77/Troy-Lawrence-and-his-loss/