I...The Iron Tigress | Teen Ink

I...The Iron Tigress

By DreamBleeder BRONZE, Toronto, Other
DreamBleeder BRONZE, Toronto, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I…
The iron tigress of a once beautiful stranger
One who wonders sinner if its lethal heart that will blacken your grave as
I hear thunder thickening and a chorus of the new dawn bride approaching this safe hell.
Or shall it be the vague mirage that plays a trick game on the heart that now soars.
Mirage…
Wait…
A dewy monsoon that chances to burn away toxins of us
Or lust
Or mistrust
Yearning to believe angel—saviour—this gambling love has been displaced by eternal daylight that currently shines for it is
I…
One who believes moonlit night divorced this new dawn as she walks as the lone bride now mine
While touching the knotting roots and blooming shoots tender with floral softness and stone firmness
While feeling sun’s radiance soften my face so virgin to summer’s heat yet
Fretful…
For weeds of passion crime will reignite and mutilate the stem and leaf when vitally green so
I cry the Latin chant of the fire below to decay sinner’s soul for it is
I…
One who understands why oaks and birch silently scream shards of cold whisper
So dreaming that the floral nursery of infant bloomers and fetal seeds would feel starlight and sunlight so bright that winter’s chill becomes amnesia’s lover, for it is
I…

Now this poem I wrote quite recently is a homage to all individuals who have fallen victim to domestic abuse and are constantly entangled within their mind's fear of slipping back into a once dark reality. The message to get out of this piece is for one to understand that silence can scream and must be dealt with before scars become permanent. And to the victim: six billion people and counting...you're not alone, you will roar like the iron tigress.

Stay Strong and bleed dreams.

HudaZav SILVER said...
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

Wow! This poem is very professional and creative, and I love the imagery and metaphors used throughout this. Awesome work!!

Nightowlwriter BRONZE, Garden City, Georgia

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars.

Not my type of poetry, but still really well writen.

Ksheridan97 BRONZE, Dublin, Ohio

“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

I love the repitition of the title throughout the piece, it really ties it all together! Poetry isn't really my 'thing' but I thoroughly enjoyed your piece.