If Only to be Free | Teen Ink

If Only to be Free

By Taconut7 GOLD, Cohasset, Minnesota
Taconut7 GOLD, Cohasset, Minnesota

Life's challenges are not to bring you down, they are to help you become a stronger and better person! -Me

"If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will forever live its life believing it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

If only to be free from this pain ridden disease

If only I could soar as the eagle soars through the clear blue sky
If only I could prowl as the wolf prowls the star studded night
If only I could gallop as the horse gallops the wind whipped plains
If only I could surf as the dolphin surfs the deep blue waves
If only I could sing as the songbirds sing their song of everlasting freedom
If only I could leap as the frog leaps among the flat green lily pads
If only I could soar as the angel soars across the ever changing clouds

If only I could be free of this pain ridden disease

This is dedicated to all of those who have to struggle with a disease that never goes away. I hope that those who read this will understand the pain that some people have to go through daily just to survive. I know what it feels like because I too have a pain ridden disease myself.

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

Impossible is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try.

This is a really touching poem thats the only word I can think of to describe it. It has emotion and is really good. 5 stars.

Taconut7 GOLD said...
Taconut7 GOLD, Cohasset, Minnesota

Thanks, you are also good at what you write too :) Also, if you want to read on of my great poems, just read my poem "Mt Soul Reborn". It's about the darkest hour in my life and very vivid

Cat521 SILVER said...
Cat521 SILVER, Berwick, Maine

"Think, before you speak. Know, before you react. Love, before you hate. There is far too much anger and hatred in the world for you to be the cause of anymore."

I understand and just remember that you're good at what you do. 

Taconut7 GOLD said...
Taconut7 GOLD, Cohasset, Minnesota

Thanks for your feedback! This isn't one of my best poems, and I really appreciate your comments on it. I plan on editing this poem sometime in the near future. Btw: the disease I suffer from is anxiety/depression

Cat521 SILVER said...
Cat521 SILVER, Berwick, Maine

I find this very meaningful because I live with bone injuries and things like that, which inhibit me similarly to what is probably your illness (but I don't really know for sure). It's meaningful but it's choppy and it doesn't have a flow to it, perhaps it needs to be less wordy with more intense words to create almost a beautiful image. There is an openness about this work and that's what makes it good, because it lets someone see what truly burdens you.