It's Just A Dream | Teen Ink

It's Just A Dream

By Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Wings10FeetTall GOLD, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

Nobody's going to wait for you, so do it now.
-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

"It's just a dream."
I tell myself when she walks by.
"It's just a smile."
I tell myself when she smiles at me.
"It's just a laugh."
I tell myself when she laughs at my words.
"It's just a look."
I tell myself when I see all of her glances.
"It's just a seat."
I tell myself when she leaves her friends and sits beside me.
"It's just a conversation."
I tell myself when she talks to me.
"See?"
I tell myself when she leaves.
"It's just a crush."
I tell myself when I get up.
"It's just a hope."
I tell myself when I go to find her.
"It's just a wish."
I tell myself when I prepare to ask her out.
"It's just a hopeless dream."
I tell myself when I see her in his arms.
It's just a dream.

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I read in a book that when C.P. goes to schools and talks about writing as a carrer, when he leaves he says that.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Oh wait! I have to ask you something.. On your profile in fav quotes in says "May your words be sharp" C.P....But when did he say that , I mean I can't seem to recall where...do remind me...  and Sorry for bothering you so much :P

- Maya Angelou

But I sure do like your writing style and am definietly looking forward to reading more by you. :D Regards, Saphira.

- Maya Angelou

Okay firstly by the previous one that I read I kinda wrote "I can imagine the wind blowing your dress" reading this, you're obviously  a guy so it's kinda funny, isn't it? If not but I'm sorry.... eek...Haha anyway I guess I kinda imagined it from my own perspective huh? 
...............Now coming to this one... I really like the way you repeat the line "It's just a dream" .... I don't know about other people but seeing your two poems that I just read , I see that you can carry repetition really very well...This is pretty but obviously I won't be lying and saying that I can totally relate cause obviously I totally can't. :P  

BorderlineGenius777 SILVER, Lewiston, Idaho

"If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, whence everyone must take an equal portion, most would be content to take their own and depart."- Socrates

I relate to this so well. Seeing that one special girl with another guy just crushes you inside. I love this. You, sir, are a wonderful poet. Thank you for sharing.

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Thank you!

wordnerd54 SILVER, Sparta, New Jersey

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." ~E.L. Doctorow

This is very good! I like the unique structure of it, with the quotes.... Very creative.

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

I'm glad you like it!

RozaAlexander, Amory, Mississippi

rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, & accepted by idiots.

this is really good, finally somthing that descibes how i felt.

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Thank you!

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Thakn a lot! Your stuff is pretty good as well.

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Hello there! I love this very much. I honestly feel like this deserves to be in the magazine. It's so unqiue the way you wrote this poem. The set-up is really amazing. I'd like to write a poem in this form now at some point. I love all the quotes, they made this poem all the more personal. You convey such emotion, sencerity, and love in here. It is beautiful. I enjoyed reading this very much. You have wicked talent that was clearly shown in this poem. I'd love to read more of your work. This is very impressive. GREAT job!

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Oh okay :) well best of luck to you on your future writings!

May your words be sharp.
- Christopher Paolini

-Ingrid Michaelson

Broken hearts heal, but never the same.
- Jessica Romo

Idiots rely on luck.
-Sherlock Holmes

Um.......a really small part is the fact that the girl I asked out once turned my down, but I mean a really small part. I was mostly just bored so I wrote a poem.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

I love the alternating quotes and lines! The repetition really works well in this poem, too. What inspired you to write this?