The Dead Sea Again | Teen Ink

The Dead Sea Again

By migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

no matter what
you’re gonna be okay,
I say,
hnds caught between your shoulder blades
in the wandering delirium of lack of sleep
and losing love
and wishing you could change it all,
I feel you fall again,
but you are not Rome
you are my brother
and you have all of my best energy
and a white eyelash besides
you’ll be just fine
and in the meantime I can’t say enough
how grand the world is with you in,
my friend,
and you will find your way
the good ones always do:
they’re strong and changing
just like you.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Wow, sounds horrible. But if he's like what you detail him to be in your poem, I'm sure he'll find that person who will return that love he deserves, if he hasn't already. And man, I want some friends like yours. All intellectual, and invovled with all sorts of things, not that I don't appreciate my friends. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

So, my very best friend is around seven years older than me, and the summer we grew close, he was in a relationship that everyone was under the impression would last a very long time. I was one of the only people that really got to be around the two of them together on a daily basis. He taught me about love- what it looks like to love somebody unconditionally and beautifully. And then she left him. I think I was hurt almost as bad as he was :P

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I don't really know who this person is or what he is going through. But I do feel the pain and the emotion in this poem. To me, it's a powerful piece that shows the hope you have for this guy. And the esteem you have as well.  Again, not sure why Teenink says you just replied to this. When it seems like you replied to this so long ago. 

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

This is such a hugely emotional one for me. I wanna cry every time I read it. Damn. Not because of the poem, but just remembering why I wrote it and who I wrote it for and what he was going through.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Seriously, the last four or so lines made me wanna cry. I don't know why; they just did. Can I hold this against you? Kidding. But I did wanna cry. I'm amazed by you as always.