My WIll | Teen Ink

My WIll

By myLovelyFather GOLD, Grand Rapids, Michigan
myLovelyFather GOLD, Grand Rapids, Michigan

And that's the thing about the future. It's unknown, unknowable, but before you know it, you're there.

Dance. I will dance.
I will not sulk,
I will not shuffle,
I’ll dance.
Sing. I will sing.
I will not cry,
I will not whisper,
I’ll sing.
Smile. I will smile.
I will not frown,
I will not pout,
I’ll smile.
Live. I will live.
I will not cease,
I will not depart,
I’ll live.
Why?
Life is wonderful,
but life is short.
And when I’m gone,
they will remember me.
They will.

I always got the impression that depression was a feeling one has from a loss of another, until I, myself realized I was melancholy. I have not lost a loved one yet, but I HAVE lost spirit. I found myself with almost no reason to live, so I didn't. Last semester, I selected a class on life because it's interesting name. My teacher told me that living was not really living if you weren't living it freely with no regrets. Enjoy the extremes of the world.

Hey, AT!!! How's it going? 

Thanks :P This one is just kind of something I experimented with, testing my limits to see how it would turn out, ya know?  But yeah, that class I mentioned in the side comment had to be my favorite of all time ^.^

ely2012 said...
This a beautiful poem. I expecially like your comment about the piece, though! You are quite wise and I love it!

:D I'm grinning like crazy, finally someone understands what poetry really is. So many people, countless, would tell me, "what did you do to this? Look at all your other work, wonderful, but this? what is it, certainly not poetry," and all I could do was laugh. Wow, how difficult it was to explain the essence of peotry, the minds of poets, yet here this is. Something so simple, but underestimated. Thank you so much for your kindness, I'm glad to see you understand.

SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

You put a beautiful message into only a few simple words. This shows that being a poet doesn't mean having the biggest vocabulary or fanciest metaphors, but about writing something worth reading, and putting into words something that could change someone's life. You've done an amazing job with this poem. You have a beautiful voice, and a strong sense for the written word. AMAZING and GORGEOUS! 

It'd be cool if someone commented ;) good or bad 

much<3love