The break up | Teen Ink

The break up

By norwoodi BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
norwoodi BRONZE, Olympia, Washington

Heartbroken, I feel this pain as he tells me there’s to much drama and  it’s not gonna work out between us. I try to play it cool at first but when i turned that corner away from him tears stroll down, with this salty taste of which flows in my mouth and soak my face. I run out of school I run home and continuously pick up the pace. Insane, the boy I fell for, the boy I loved, the boy I said i would never let go of, left me because of a lie a lie that was made up and he must have known inside cause there is no reason why i would cheat on someone as amazing as this guy. He made me happy, i felt complete i had stop cutting myself i even started to eat, but silly me i was blinded by the gorgeous blue and green eyes, the longish dirty blonde hair, the smile, his face, and that personality blair, but i'm so angry cause this stupid lie broke our relationship, this is unfair. Cry, cry, and cry some more i cry so much i can’t feel my feet,  i can’t see, i can’t think, i can’t eat. i gag and gag and gag once more i’m about to throw up and i can’t ignore this voice in my head that says “ I don’t want to feel this anymore” My hand opens as well as my meds, one pill, two pill, three pill, four until i knew it i had all the pills in my hand and the bottle on the floor. I asked myself  “should i do it?’’  “what would this change?’’ absolutely nothing! “am i going insane?” this pain i hate this pain the feeling of loneliness and slaying dragons that aren’t mine to slay it takes over my body aching in this horrible way. I just wish Tyler would take me back and relieve all this painful pain.

I wrote this poem after a really hard break up with the guy I loved. i still love him still to this day, and it's hard for me to even look at him at times cause I know the more I look the more things I find that I love about him. I have been told that I need to move on but it's not that simple we only were dating for a month, yes! but in that month i have grown to love everything about him from the way he walks, to the way he talks, from the way he smiles, even to the way his name is spelled. In this poem i try to express my pain as much as possible but i was in 7th grade when i made this so it's not the best but i wanted to share this so that if someone is feeling the same way the can read this and know that they are not alone.