My monster | Teen Ink

My monster

By Eli_was_there BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Eli_was_there BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

Never beg for a friendship or relationship with anyone. If you don't receive the efforts you give cut them off

My monster is someone who turned out to be the person I thought would protect me. The monster fooled me with its loving facade it got me to feel safe and loved and when I didn’t expect it stuck its claws into me. But I was so distracted I didn’t even notice this monster was draining me of everything I was. The monster's grip on me was so tight I didn’t realize that I was losing myself. My monster swore to protect me and he ended up hurting me worse than anyone could. As soon as I forced my monster to leave me alone he ran and went to suck the life out of another person. My monster made me rethink everything. My monster made me hate both him and myself. He made me feel like I couldn’t live without him. He took up every second of my day he had all my attention. He made me depend on him, he made me feel like he wouldn’t be able to live without me. He made me feel so loved that I brushed past all the terrible things that happened. I hope that he remembers the sweet girl he met because he killed her and created someone who hates him and doesn’t like themselves. My monster didn’t ever hurt me physically but he made me change the way I looked at myself.

This is about the aftermath of my toxic relationship and how I felt while it was going on without knowing it.