I've fallen for him... | Teen Ink

I've fallen for him...

By Elizabeth_eho SILVER, Lafayette, Indiana
Elizabeth_eho SILVER, Lafayette, Indiana

Give 100, expect 10.

You know you’ve fallen for him when your rights become his wrongs. You watch everything you do so you never make a mistake. You change your whole looks and personality for him. you know you’ve fallen for him when you check every five minutes to see if he responded, and when he doesn’t you start to over think and you feel like you’re going crazy. He’s on your mind 24/7. You know you’ve fallen for him when it feels like a ticking bomb is about to explode when you’re not around him. You can’t stop thinking or talking about him but when you’re finally with him, you tense up. You’re suddenly really quiet so quiet no one recognizes you, not even yourself. You know when you’ve fallen for him when you never meant to. When you realize you love him, you quickly find your mistake. Attempting to get him out of your head, out of your mouth, out of your life. You know you’ve fallen for him when he’s the drug you’ve been searching for, your other half, your world. But he’s the world you can’t have, the other half you can’t have, the drugs you can’t have. But you take the drugs anyway knowing dang well you will get addicted. Addicted to something ugly. But the ugly is hidden with the beauty. You know when you’ve fallen for him when you fell in love with something ugly. Something so disgusting and harmful - it’s beautiful. But guess what, I’ve fallen for him and it’s ugly. I change myself, I’m desperate, seeking for his attention. Thinking “there’s no mistakes” when the mistake is actually you. You did this to yourself. You let your innocent self get stolen. You’re the ugly now. You’re the drug no one can have. You’re the world no one can have. The other half no one can have. You’re the mistake someone else is about to have. He doesn’t talk to you anymore. He’s not in your life. You’ve fallen in love with someone expecting to be cherished. You’ve been used. He used you. And now - you’ll never love anyone again.

Wrote this a couple years ago