My bestfriend Ashlyn | Teen Ink

My bestfriend Ashlyn

November 30, 2021
By ILiveToRead PLATINUM, Wailuku, Hawaii
ILiveToRead PLATINUM, Wailuku, Hawaii
24 articles 3 photos 150 comments

Best friend of my body and mind, the key to my heart became yours during time.Know that I've never forgotten you, don't hold your smile, nows your que. When I left, I strongly missed you.But I know when we meet again, you will still be my friend, we will always be friends till the end.

 

- My heart will never Regret You, my mind will never Forget you.

 

Ashlyn ever since I left you i've wanted to go back, and hoped when I returned we could share our favorite snack, but know that if you contact me i'll always have your back.

 

- Love nanaea, On my wrist sits a chain, on the chain sits a lock, for the lock there's a key, find my heart and you find me, then here's the key to our history.


The author's comments:

This poem is dedicated to Ashlyn a friend (Correction: Bestfriend) I had in Hawaii on an island called Oahu, that I ended up leaving behind, I wrote a letter to her with these poems in it a year after we had left when I heard we would be visting the island where she lived, hoping to give it to her as a gift to read and remember me by after we met and left again. I never did see her again.